Thursday 3 September 2009

Are Luxury photography books recession-proof


I’ll make you a summary about the article that I read on the website that you gave me.
Its name is “Are Luxury photography books recession-proof?” and it's about Taschen art book and if that business is prolific, and the answer that I had reading this is yes. In one part of the article I read something that the German publisher (Taschen) said and it was that people know how to invest them money, and limited-edition books are a good thing to invest.
Also, when we are thinking that the industry of art books is probably not ludicrous we are on a big mistake, there are people that really like books, art books, or they are art collectors, although, there are people who haven’t money but they are fans of one artist (probably) and they buy the book because the book becomes to them something like a treasure.
If you buy an art book, or a photography book or something like Taschen books are is obvious that you will pay more for that book than an only text book, the limited-edition is one of the most important reasons for that.
And of course that I’m agree with that, probably not with the price that these type of books have here in Chile, but I really like them, I have some of them and I like to see them over and over again, sometimes I pay a lot for them, and it’s because of that that they’re treasures to me. I have a lot of Taschen books with the biography of some of my favorite artists, and I have one of the “BLUME” that is about design illustration and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment